Matthew 24:34
"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

February 8, 2009

An Atheist and Christian Debate: Conclusion

We finally reach the conclusion of our Atheist / Christian debate. If you've just found this debate and would like to see the earlier parts, please follow the links below (or search in the right-hand margin).
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9

-----------------------------
From: Daniel
To: Julio
Subject: RE: Research Volunteers Needed
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 01:57:41 -0700

Lol, my dad's a physicist too, and this test is bullshit [walks out]. [editor's note: inside joke between Julio and me]

That's it then, I'm more than happy to leave this conversation where it lies. I've made my points, I feel they've been ignored, and there's no reason for me to keep making the same points over again with no direct answers. You've still not provided any proof for your God; you've only misrepresented my side of the discussion. I'm not going to fall into a trap of having the subject changed and then get sucked in to a discussion on the anatomy of a unicorn. I've already mentioned that it's acceptable to say 'I don't know' when asked about the beginnings of time, yet you contend that I must (and have) taken a position on how the universe began. You are the one making the claim for God and the creation of the universe, I've stated this multiple times, and you've still not answered with evidence. Your evidence for God is the same as my evidence for unicorns, Allah, the Hindu Gods, and the Easter Bunny. When you understand why it is that you dismiss everyone else's Gods, then you'll understand why I dismiss your God as well.

I've said it before, and in closing I may as well say it again. Evolution is an accepted scientific theory, the same as Gravity (which you find so compelling) and Relativity. The only reason you dispel Evolution is because your faith does not allow it, much the same way Heliocentrism was dispelled by those of faith. I explained to you why the other Apes did not evolve into humans, and rather than discuss the scientific aspects of it or the reasoning involved, you went way off course and attacked two words in my explanation. Honestly, is that your reasoning for why evolution is false? The reason why the other Apes have not evolved into humans is completely false because the definition of 'theory' and 'accepted' is disputed via wikipedia definitions? Redefining the term 'theory' from a non-scientific point of view does not disprove the idea, and is not even close to a rebuttal.

And if it makes you feel better, throw everything that I've said away and simply provide evidence for your God. I really don't care if you find Evolution to be true or if you believe the Law of Gravity to be true (after all, it's just a law defined by man right?); these things are not required in any way for the atheist viewpoint to be valid. Just give me the evidence for BibleGod, that's all. That's it, one piece of evidence. You've given me nothing this entire time. You feel that you've disproven my Loch Ness monster, which somehow proves that your Bigfoot exists? [insert link from CNN here...] No, you must still prove your Bigfoot. And there are many Bigfoots claimed by people all over the world, so you must also prove that yours is the REAL Bigfoot. I anticipate the sound of crickets chirping from the next email on this subject.


Please feel free to share this with as many people as you'd like, as I'm more than confident in the points that I've made. Is it okay if I do the same? I hate to see this time and effort go to waste without anyone ever seeing it and learning from it.


Evidence for BibleGod Julio, that's all I ask. You believe in Him, so give me the evidence, ANY evidence, that leads you to understand without a doubt that BibleGod is the one true Creator, over all the other Gods available. You should be able to go directly from your evidence to the statement, 'BibleGod must be the one true God, and Jesus is His son'. I will show your evidence to be highly suspect at a minimum, if not completely invalid. And I know I can do this, because your God is the same as every other God created in the minds of men throughout history, past, present, and future. It is completely imaginary.

Good luck, and may you be blessed by all that Allah has to offer you in this life,
Pastor D

-----------------------

Thank you very much for reading, hopefully you've enjoyed the discussion and have learned a few things about atheism and the atheistic perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment