Matthew 24:34
"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

October 6, 2007

The UFC back in town!



Chuck Liddell vs Keith Jardine
Last week my wife and I went to UFC 76 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA. I'm a big fan of MMA and of course, the UFC is really the only show in town. This is my third time at an event, and it's always great.

Anthony Johnson vs Rich Clementi
Remember when your pastor told you that Atheists are evil, miserable people? And you just drank it up like everything else your pastor feeds to you? Well, at least from outward appearances, it looks like your pastor is wrong. My wife and I are plenty happy with life and living as you can see from this picture of us taken at UFC 76. Maybe I'm a little pissed that we're sitting nosebleed, but otherwise all systems are go.

Happy Atheists
So anyways, the event was fun. Tyson Griffin was exciting as always, Forrest Griffin did what most people thought was impossible, as did Keith "I have the worst nickname in MMA" Jardine. Nothing really surprises me anymore in MMA.

My dad joined us as well, as he's also a pretty big fan of the sport. The tickets were $100 a piece, so it's definitely not cheap. But hey, you only live once, right?

I'm heading out to another MMA event tonight. My friend Peter has a friend that is fighting out at the Anaheim Convention Center, so we're all going to watch him fight.

Please pray for us to reach our destination safely.

In Christ,
The Atheist

No comments:

Post a Comment